Alexandra Lerta is a Jazz Singer, Actress and Voice Over Artist.
Her singing studies began in 1997 with Lena Giorgali as her main teacher in voice and piano.
Being fond of Musical Theatre at the time, Alexandra took several Musical Theatre Summer Courses in London (Central School of Speech and Drama 1996, Mountview School of arts 1997, Guildford School of Acting 1999). During these years she started developing a great love for Jazz Music.
In 2005 she followed a Jazz singing course in Edinburgh with Sheila Jordan as a main teacher and at that point she decided to commit to Jazz Music and study further.
In 2006 she moved to Holland and studied for 1 year at Codarts Conservatory in Rotterdam.
In 2007 she decided to continue her music studies in The Royal Conservatory of The Hague. She got her Bachelors Degree in Jazz Music/Voice in 2011.
During her study she attended several seminars and classes by great musicians such as: Jocelyn Smith, Bobby McFerrin, David Liebman, Sanna van Vliet, Fay Claasen, Branford Marsalis e.t.c.
Since then she has played in several Jazz Festivals in Greece (International kalamata Jazz Festival 2011, Ladona Music Festival 2011, Petite Fleur Jazz Festival 2011 with her “AdHoc Quartet”, in Festival Rematias 2013, Agrinio jazz Festival 2013, Greek Jazz Panorama/New Generation Festival at Onassis Cultural Centre 2014, Tinos Jazz Festival 2014 and International Festival jazz + Πραξεις 2017 with her project “InDuologue”(a Voice and Double Bass Duet) and Festival Rematias 2017 with her new project ”The Echoing Green”.
Her InDuologue project with Double Bass player Vasilis Stefanopoulos has been recorded and the album ‘’Blue Skies’’ was released from Snip Records (Dutch High Definition Sound Label) before the end of 2013.
Her newest album ”The Echoing Green” with her original songs and music belonging to the American folk and singer/songwriter genres, has been self produced and self released in 2017.
She has also been performing in many Jazz clubs and Bars around Athens and other parts of Greece, Holland and Belgium.
Alexandra has also studied Acting at the National Theatre School of Greece (1998-2001).
After finishing her studies she worked in the theatre for a few years before deciding to make a turn in to music.
As an Actress, Alexandra has performed at the Experimental stage of the National Theatre of Greece and under the Direction of Stathis Livathinos (2002-2004) in the plays:
- “Love’s Labour’s Lost” by W. Shakespeare (Also touring around Greece and Cairo)
- ”Αυτό που δεν τελειώνει”: Greek poetry of the 20th Century”
- “Medea” by Euripides (also touring around Greece and San Francisco,USA)
- Under the direction of Lefteris Vogiatzis, she acted in”L’ecole des femmes” by Moliere (2004-2005)
- Her latest theatre show appearance was in ”The Good Man of Szechwan” by Bertold Brecht in the Onassis Cultural Centre in Athens, under the direction of Katerina Evaggelatos (2013)
Alexandra has also been working as a Voice-Over Artist giving her voice to Cartoons and Dubbed Foreign Language Series for Greek Television and Cinema since 1999.
Most recent voice over movies for the cinema are:
- Tinkerbell – Secret of the Wings as Periwinkle (2012)
- Despicable me 2 as Jillian (2013)
- Trolls as Dj Suki and Chenille plus backing vocals (2016)
- Beauty and the Beast as Belle (2017)